How to Join
All about Dams
Invasive Species (aka "weeds" and more)
Studies and Management Plan Reports
and Pond - State Agency Contacts
Tips for Improved Lakeshore Stewardship from US EPA
Save The Lakes tries to provide educational workshops
and opportunities for lake association members to get together regularly
to exchange information and ideas to benefit our lakes.
- Annual STL meeting with RI Department of Environmental Management
- Thursday, April 30, 2015: 7 pm - 9 pm
- Save the Bay Headquarters
- 100 Save the Bay Dr, Providence, RI 02905
- Hear from RIDEM Director Janet Coit and her staff, as well learning more about Georgiaville Pond
- Click here for a pdf flyer to share or post
- GREAT (Greeting Recreationalists to Empower And Train) Boaters Program - training for new volunteers will be offered in the spring of 2015. More information soon.
- New England Lakes Conference
- Each year lake association members, lake residents, scientists, lake managers and more from throughout New England gather to share information about lakes and watersheds in order to preserve, restore and protect these unique resources for future generations. This year's conference will be held in Burlington, Vermont the weeknd of May 29 & 30, 2015. Click here for more information registration information will be available soon.
- Inland Fishes of Rhode Island - describes more than 70 fishes found in RI's fresh and brackish waters. (Click here for ordering information).
Inland Fishes of RI, publication of the Division of Fish and Wildlife (RIDEM)