How to Join
All about Dams
Invasive Species (aka "weeds" and more)
Studies and Management Plan Reports
and Pond - State Agency Contacts
Tips for Improved Lakeshore Stewardship from US EPA
Save The Lakes tries to provide educational workshops
and opportunities for lake association members to get together regularly
to exchange information and ideas to benefit our lakes.
- 2015 RI Land & Water Conservation Summit: Working together to protect our communities
- Saturday, March 14: 7:45 am - 4:30 pm
- URI Memorial Union, Kingston, RI
- Keynote: Innovation & Evolution in Conservation - Peter Forbes
- Click here for more information and to register.
- GREAT (Greeting Recreationalists to Empower And Train) Boaters Program - training for new volunteers will be offered in the spring of 2015. More information soon.
- URI Watershed Watch seeks volunteers to monitor water quality in RI's waters statewide (fresh, brackish and salt). New volunteer training begins in spring - click here for more information.
- New England Lakes Conference
- Each year lake association members, lake residents, scientists, lake managers and more from throughout New England gather to share information about lakes and watersheds in order to preserve, restore and protect these unique resources for future generations. This year's conference will be held in Burlington, Vermont the weeknd of May 29 & 30, 2015. A call for papers and registration information will be available soon.
- Inland Fishes of Rhode Island - describes more than 70 fishes found in RI's fresh and brackish waters. (Click here for ordering information).
Inland Fishes of RI, publication of the Division of Fish and Wildlife (RIDEM)