How to Join
All about Dams
Invasive Species (aka "weeds" and more)
Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs) (URI WW site)
Studies and Management Plan Reports
and Pond - State Agency Contacts
Tips for Improved Lakeshore Stewardship from US EPA
Save The Lakes tries to provide educational workshops
and opportunities for lake association members to get together regularly
to exchange information and ideas to benefit our lakes.
- Harmful Algal Bloom Community Workshop
- Tuesday, September 1, 2015: 6:30 pm - 8 pm
- Save the Bay Headquarters
- 100 Save the Bay Dr, Providence, RI 02905
- Learn how you can recognize, report and better understand harmful algal blooms
- Click here for a pdf flyer to share or post
- North American Lake Management Society International Conference
- Each year lake association members, lake residents, scientists, lake managers and more from throughout the world gather to share information about lakes and watersheds in order to preserve, restore and protect these unique resources for future generations. This year's conference will be held in nearby Saratoga Springs, New York making it a GREAT opportunity to participate this year symposium happens from November 17 - 20, 2015. Click here for more information.
- Inland Fishes of Rhode Island - describes more than 70 fishes found in RI's fresh and brackish waters. (Click here for ordering information).
Inland Fishes of RI, publication of the Division of Fish and Wildlife (RIDEM)