How to Join
All about Dams
Invasive Species (aka "weeds" and more)
Harmful Algal Blooms (HABs) (URI WW site)
Studies and Management Plan Reports
and Pond - State Agency Contacts (updated)
Tips for Improved Lakeshore Stewardship from US EPA
Save The Lakes tries to provide educational workshops
and opportunities for lake association members to get together regularly
to exchange information and ideas to benefit our lakes.
- STL - Lakes Forum
- Thursday, April 28, 2016: 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Coventry Senior Center
- 50 Wood Street, Coventry, RI 02816
- Come learn how to understand and protect lakes, and ask questions of personnel from the state agencies tasked with managing lakes in Rhode Island.
- Click here for a pdf flyer to share or post.
- New England Chapter of the North American Lake Management Society Regional Lakes Conference
- Each year lake association members, lake residents, scientists, lake managers and more from around the region gather to share information about lakes and watersheds in order to preserve, restore and protect these unique resources for future generations. This year's conference will be co-hosted by the Massachusetts Congress of Lake and Pond Associations (MACOLAP) held in conveniently located Marlboro, Massachusetts (junction of Rte 495 and Rte 20) making it a GREAT opportunity to participate. This year's conference happens from May 20 -21, 2016. Click here for more information.
- Inland Fishes of Rhode Island - describes more than 70 fishes found in RI's fresh and brackish waters. (Click here for ordering information).
Inland Fishes of RI, publication of the Division of Fish and Wildlife (RIDEM)